Rules and Regulations
PLANETROX IS A TWO-STEP PROCESS:
- Each participating band must register online at planetrox.ca before June 15th at 5pm (SET). A panel of international industry judges will choose the winner from the songs submitted.
- The winning band will be invited to perform at one of Canada’s biggest live music events, the Envol et Macadam Festival in Quebec City on September 5th to 7th 2019.
- Band members must be between 18 and 40 years or older to register in the Competition;
- Subscription only takes place online on planterox.ca. You must register by filling in the subscription form on reverbnation (link in the registration tab) ;
- Bands must have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 members. The band must have never produced a CD with a professional company ;
- Music style accepted : hip-hop/rap, R&B, folk, pop, rock, indie, punk, metal, electro.
- Band members must be living in the country where they are competing ;
- Adding band members after registration without the permission of Envol et Macadam is prohibited. The same goes to replacing more than a third of the band members.
- No reimbursement will be given ;
- The band must be available from September 4 to 8, 2019
- The directors, officers, employees of ENVOL ET MACADAM – PLANETROX or any of its partners or affiliates – as well as their immediate family and anyone living at the same address – are not eligible to take part in the competition ;
- Bands must assign PLANETROX the rights to use their song (for the purposes of the competition only).
DESCRIPTION OF THE PRIZE
- The winners will fly to Quebec City to perform at the 2019 Envol et Macadam Festival;
- The prize includes two live performances of 30 minutes on the indoor stages of the Envol et Macadam Festival 2019, airfares for the winning band members (5,000 CND maximum budget is available – flight/travel costs that exceed this amount are the responsibility of the band) plus internal travel to the hotel from the airport, four-star accommodation for the band in central Quebec City for 4 nights, free pass for the Festival and promotion of your band in festival communications.
The prize only includes what is specifically detailed above, all stopovers, additional nights or crew members required by the band will be at their expenses. Band members must all have a valid passport that is machine readable and acquire the appropriate visa to enter Canada, if necessary. Envol et Macadam will provide a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel but the band will be responsible for the trip back (the taxi is usually around 40$ for that distance)
RULES SPECIFIC TO THE SONG
- The performance must feature only the permanent members of the group;
- The song must not contain messages that are offensive or could be seen as racist, discriminatory or xenophobic;
- One song will be accepted per band. No changes can be made to the file once submitted and accepted;
- The rights to broadcast the song will be transferred free of charge to PLANETROX for use in the Contest only;
- The song must be an original composition by the band (no covers);
RULES FOR THE TWO PERFORMANCES AT ENVOL ET MACADAM FESTIVAL
All bands taking part in the festival, if possible, be given a 10-minute sound check. Sound checks will be allotted in reverse order to the running order. Which means the band last on stage does the first sound check and the band first on stage does the last sound check. Times for sound checks and onstage times will be given to each band.
- PLAYING ORDER
The playing order will depend on the musical style of the band which will be determined before the 1st of August.
Onstage time given : 30 minutes.
If any band misses their allotted sound check or onstage slot in the festival, the organizers will make all efforts to fit them in elsewhere. However, if this is not possible the band is liable to do not participate.
- The prize must be accepted as such and cannot be traded, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed.
- The winner will release ENVOL ET MACADAM – PLANETROX and its respective directors, partners, affiliates, officers and employees from any liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in the competition or from the awarding and acceptance of the prize.
- If unable to supply the prize as described herein PLANETROX reserves the right to substitute all or part of the prize or prizes with a prize or prizes of comparable value.
- The refusal to accept the prize releases PLANETROX from any liability or obligation.
- Any false statement by a participant will see them automatically disqualified from the competition.
- PLANETROX assumes no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses or undelivered mail, printing errors, technical malfunctions, computers or telephone, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other error.
- PLANETROX and its respective directors, partners, affiliates, officers and employees assume no liability of any nature whatsoever in any case where their inability to act resulting from an event or situation unforeseeable or beyond their control, including strikes, lockouts or other labor disputes at their location or the locations of the organizations or companies whose services are used for this contest.
- Participation in this contest signifies the participant’s full acceptance of these rules. All decisions and judgments by PLANETROX are final.