Envol et Macadam Festival
An urban festival featuring outdoor concerts and live indoor shows in downtown Quebec City venues since 1996. It is part of the circuit of major events of the City of Quebec as the only event devoted to alternative music.
- Quebec’s FIRST alternative music festival
- Regional recipient of the GRANDS PRIX DU TOURISME 2010 (Quebec’s tourism awards)
- Annually held in September, it’s the BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT
- OUTDOOR VENUES (Parc de l’Îlot Fleurie and Parc de l’Université du Québec), as well as indoor
- An ECO-FRIENDLY event (on-site-recycling, recyclable cups, reusable bags etc.)
- One of the eight events chosen to present a SPECIAL SHOW for Quebec City’s 400th anniversary in 2008
- The festival has a SATISFACTION RATE of 97%*
- On average 25 000 FESTIVAL-GOERS attend
- More than 100 local and international BANDS participate each year
- Its PUBLIC is young (15-35), male, dynamic and educated
- The festival generates an ANNUAL REVENUE of over $1 million
*Survey of 474 people during the 2008 edition of the festival. Margin of error of 4.2%,19 times out of 20.
1996-2005 : Les Colocs, Daniel Bélanger, Guttermouth, Grimskunk
2006 : Alexisonfire, Dinosaur Jr, Booba, Sam Roberts Band
2007 : Infected Mushroom, SUM 41, Freeman, Les Vulgaires Machins
2008 : Anti Flag, Pennywise, Bloc Party, Metric, Psy 4 de la Rime
2009 : Sinik, The Sounds, Julian Marley, Bad Religion
2010 : Malajube, Mastodon, Millencolin, Hatebreed, Against Me!
2011 : IAM, Blood for Blood, As I Lay Dying, The Exploited, Rise Against
2012 : Lagwagon, No Use For A Name, Lights, Obey The Brave, The Vandals
2013 : NOFX, Face to Face, Randy, Pennywise, The Flatliners
2014: Sublime with Rome, Screeching Weasel, Less Than Jake, Sick of it All, Madball
2015: Millencolin, Rise Against, Bigwig, Despised Icon, Wisdom in Chains
2016: Bad Religion, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Mad Caddies, Grimskunk
2017: Propagandhi, Streetlight Manifesto, H2O, DJ Yella
2018 : Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada
2019 : Lagwagon, Subhumans, Comeback Kid, Joey Cape
2020 : The year 2020 was to be an important year for Envol et Macadam, it was to mark the 25 years of existence of the organization. However, given the global health crisis caused by COVID-19, the festival did not take place.
2021 : Special edition 24.5 with a broadcast of concerts by Canadian artists only, with respect for social distancing measures. The event took place at Stade Canac in partnership with District 7 Production. We featured 20 artists with headliners such as Souldia, The Planet Smashers, Mute, Voivod, Comeback Kid and Despised Icon.