Envol et Macadam Festival
2023 will mark our 26th edition. Envol et Macadam is the first alternative music festival in QUEBEC. It is the flagship event of the back-to-school season, located in the heart of downtown Quebec City since 1996.
Envol et Macadam is:
- The FIRST festival of alternative music in Quebec
- 3 days of alternative music
- 7 OUTDOOR and indoor venues
- Several dozen INTENSE concerts
- Bands from over 10 countries
- Over 250 musicians on stage
There is more Envol et Macadam is aslo :
- Finalist for the City of Quebec Arts and Culture Excellence Awards in 2011
- Regional winner of the 2010 Grand Tourism Awards for the best cultural event in the Quebec region
- Presentation of a special edition during the 400th anniversary of the foundation of Quebec City in 2008
- Nearly 50 private and public partners involved in the event, including the City of Quebec, the Government of Quebec, and the Government of Canada.
- Young audience (over 66% are under 34 years old*), dynamic, and more educated than the Quebec average (35%* compared to 21.4%**),
- Very loyal to our event since 1996 (over 55% consider themselves regular attendees of the festival*).
- An established reputation that has been continuously growing since 2008, with a customer satisfaction rate of 87%*.
*Study conducted with 471 people during the FEM 2017 ** Data compiled by the Institute of Statistics of Quebec, December 1, 2010.
In 25 years of activity, nearly a thousand Quebecois and Canadian music groups, as well as groups from nearly 20 countries, have performed on our stages, including:
1996-2005 : Les Colocs, Daniel Bélanger, Guttermouth, Grimskunk
2006 : Alexisonfire, Dinosaur Jr, Booba, Sam Roberts Band
2007 : Infected Mushroom, SUM 41, Freeman, Les Vulgaires Machins
2008 : Anti Flag, Pennywise, Bloc Party, Metric, Psy 4 de la Rime
2009 : Sinik, The Sounds, Julian Marley, Bad Religion
2010 : Malajube, Mastodon, Millencolin, Hatebreed, Against Me!
2011 : IAM, Blood for Blood, As I Lay Dying, The Exploited, Rise Against
2012 : Lagwagon, No Use For A Name, Lights, Obey The Brave, The Vandals
2013 : NOFX, Face to Face, Randy, Pennywise, The Flatliners
2014: Sublime with Rome, Screeching Weasel, Less Than Jake, Sick of it All, Madball
2015: Millencolin, Rise Against, Bigwig, Despised Icon, Wisdom in Chains
2016: Bad Religion, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Mad Caddies, Grimskunk
2017: Propagandhi, Streetlight Manifesto, H2O, DJ Yella
2018 : Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada
2019 : Lagwagon, Subhumans, Comeback Kid, Joey Cape
2020 : The year 2020 was to be an important year for Envol et Macadam, it was to mark the 25 years of existence of the organization. However, given the global health crisis caused by COVID-19, the festival did not take place.
2021 : Special edition 24.5 with a broadcast of concerts by Canadian artists only, with respect for social distancing measures. The event took place at Stade Canac in partnership with District 7 Production. We featured 20 artists with headliners such as Souldia, The Planet Smashers, Mute, Voivod, Comeback Kid and Despised Icon. 2022: NOFX concert at the Agora du Vieux-Port and the return of concerts at Îlot Fleurie for the 25th-anniversary celebrations of FEM.